Zucchini – cucumber soup
Also this soup is a very quick soup to make!
You can find zucchinis and cucumber all year around but because of the refreshing taste it is especially a good summer soup.
And the vegetable earns some good points: courgette or zucchini is a very low calorie vegetables (17 calories per 100 grams). It contains no saturated fats or cholesterol. Its peel is good source of dietary fiber that helps reduce constipation and offers some protection against colon cancers.
- 2 table spoons olive oil for frying
- 4 normal sized (about 750 grams together) zucchinis (courgettes) either the light colored ones or the dark green ones (the darker ones give the best color on your soup but are slightly bitter)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Turkish cucumber (they are about the same size as one courgette or use half of a large cucumber)
- 1 liter chicken stock
- some spicy pepper flakes (optional)
- table spoon chopped mint (optional)
Wash the courgettes well, do not peel them (the skin thickens and colors) and cut in large dice
Peel the cucumber and dice it as well.
Heat the olive oil slowly and add the courgette dice. Stir and let it fry slightly until the courgette gets a little light brown color, add the cucumber too and stir in one more time. Let it fry shortly. Add the chicken stock and just let it cook enough for the courgette to get cooked (so your soup keeps the fresh green color)
Then use a jug or stick blender to blend the soup. Blend until smooth surely not too long. Serve your soup with spicy pepper flakes and fresh mint.
And İ suggest to always experiment a bit, add a more cucumbers, or instead or mint you can also use dill, dill and courgette go very well together too.