The best way to cook prawns is when they are done last minute. But you can easy prepare the sauce before hand and reheat it with the prawns just before serving.
for 4 people, each has a large portion of 5 delicious prawns
- little olive oil
- 20 king prawns
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 banana peppers (or alternatively a green bell pepper) in thin slices (like circles)
- 100 ml white wine
- handful parsley, finely chopped
- handful basil, finely chopped
- spicy red pepper flakes (you decide how spicy you like the prawns)
- lemon wedges for serving
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil (with olive oil always be careful it does not get too hot as it burns quickly!), and fry the onion until soft. Add the crushed garlic, the pepper slices, the tomatoes cubes and stir well. Add the wine and let it simmer until most of the liquid is gone but do not let it get too dry. Add the parsley and basil, the red pepper flakes and then the prawns. The prawns will curl up quickly and when the look firm and no more glassy then the prawns are ready, it takes only a few minutes.
Serve immediately with some lemon wedges and lemon/saffron rice.